Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Meet the Team - Greta

Today we meet Greta, our expert in cancan skirts and other sewing challenges!


> Can you tell us few words about you?
Hi I'm Greta, I love to sew and I love costumes. I'm also known as Greta Garment and I'm currently working on a range of 50's inspired clothing

> How are you involved in the Jukebox Dance Show?
My involvement is mainly with the Cancan skirts as they involve sewing kilometers of material. I'm excited about the work that is going on with them at the moment, it will be great to see them on stage.

> When, how and why did you start working with Pineapple Productions?
I've been with pineapple since the beginning, as I had meet the talented Julie through attending her dance classes. Somewhere along the line Julie had found out about my passions for sewing and costumes, I ended up working on a costume for Julie, the it was on to making cancan skirts.


> What do you bring to the table as a Costumier/Seamstress and what kind of experience does Pineapple give you in that field?
I learned to sew at a young age, learning from my mother, grandmother and from trial and error. I started making my first costumes whilst still at primary school, and continued over the years making clothes for myself. In resent years I've worked on costumes for various performances and I also made a Wedding Dress last summer. Working with Pineapple gives me the opportunity to work on exciting projects, I love the challenge of finding creative solutions for their costume needs and most of all I love seeing my work on stage.

> Why did you decide to take part in the Jukebox Dance Show? What attracts you in this show?
I love the fact that it gives the audience the opportunity to be involved in the performance in such a way that doesn't have you hiding in the audience thinking don't pick me. For this show you will want to be picked, there is such an amazing variety of performances to choose from.

> Do you have a favourite choreography in the setlist?
Actually I have more than one, the Cancan numbers of course! There is so much fabric in each Cancan skirt I just love to see them in action, the dancers send them twirling with such ease. I've been to cancan classes with Julie and know Cancan is physically demanding also. I'm always in awe of the performances.




No comments:

Post a Comment