Saturday, December 8, 2012

Meet the Team - Nicolas

Pineapple Team is not only a bunch of dancing girls, we have also few boys to bring up the level of testosterone. Today you meet Nicolas, one of our trusty and ever present cameramen.



> Can you tell us few words about you?
My name is Nicolas Plaire and I’m a graphic designer/animator/motion graphics artist/director (yes all of that in one person). I work as a freelancer at a lot of places, lately, I’ve been working for TVNZ, which was a great opportunity for me.

> How are you involved in the Jukebox Dance Show?
I usually shot with Bertrand Remaut all the Pineapple shows and The Jukebox Dance Show is no different. I’m also producing an animated video explaining the concept of the Jukebox Dance Show. It’s going to be cute and quirky, just like the Pineapple Girls!

> When, how and why did you start working with Pineapple Productions?
Well, Julie is my girlfriend, and she needs my skills to help her promote her creations and I’m always the moral support and I massage her sore feet at night. Without me, she’d be nothing, let me tell ya!

> What do you bring to the table as a AV director and what kind of experience does Pineapple give you in that field?
Well my experience, my love of filming dance (before we moved to New Zealand, we shot a few dance videos with Julie and I grew my love for the dance game). And with the animated video I’m doing, it’s the perfect opportunity to hone my skills as an animator and a designer. I love animation just as much as I love shooting stuff with a camera.


> Why did you decide to take part in the Jukebox Dance Show? What attracts you in this show?
I think I had no choice. Julie would have banned me from having sex if was not involved... I’m so funny! Hem, sorry, no it was only natural that I helped the girls as best as I can.

> Do you have a favourite choreography in the setlist?
The Immigrant Song! And Keep me Quiet, because I know how to dance it. Julie is giving me dance classes and this is the choreography we've been working on. Maybe one day you'll see me doing it on stage. But maybe not.



> Anything else to add?
I love pie






No comments:

Post a Comment